Parents are the backbone of every child. Children learn most things from their parents because parents are every child’s first teachers. Kids connect with their parents in various ways. They observe them and don’t shy away from imitating them because their parents are their role models. So, when it comes to penning down their thoughts and feelings on their parents, most children take to it instantly because it is a topic they can relate to and enjoy writing about. This is why an essay on ‘My Parents’ is commonly assigned to children in classes 1,2 & 3. But, some kids may struggle to express themselves while writing the composition. If your child is one of them, here are some ways they can unleash their inner author and get their creative juices flowing on paper.
Key Points to Remember When Writing an Essay on ‘My Parents’ for Classes 1, 2 and 3
The first step to help children write creatively is to get them to share their ideas on the topic and build them organically. They may also read to be able to write better, but their observation of their parents would help them make the essay unique. Below are some more key points to remember:
- When you want to write a paragraph about your parents, you need to vocalise your personal feelings for them.
- It is important to describe your parents as individuals, their influence and their attributes which are the driving forces.
- Create a mental outline about how you want the essay to flow.
- Start with an introduction, describe your parents, detail their roles, and elaborate on their influence.
- While describing, it is important to mention what the parents do.
- Make sure to write about how they manage their personal and professional lives.
- Ensure to highlight any points about their strengths and how they motivate you.
- Speak about the important events and occasions that you spend with your parents.
- Mention any key secret that keeps you and your family happy.
- Write a strong conclusion about how children learn from parents and must be there for them.
10-Line Essay on ‘My Parents’
Children in classes 1 and 2 would have just begun their journey into the basics of creative writing. More than writing an essay or a paragraph, they will be asked to express points on the topic. Read on for some tips to help them get started:
- My father and mother are the best parents.
- My father is a banker, and my mother is a teacher.
- My parents work very hard for the family and take care of us.
- They look after the house and make sure they keep it neat and clean.
- They share the responsibility to help me with my studies.
- My parents are active, and they ride the bike, play football, and board games with me.
- My parents love to cook. They help each other every day and cook delicious and healthy meals.
- My parents and I love celebrating festivals, and we decorate the whole house together.
- My parents take me out to parks, restaurants, and cinemas.
- I love my parents as they do so much for me and look after me.
Short Essay on ‘My Parents’
Children in grades 2 and 3 can be a bit more expressive than first graders. Here’s an example of a short essay on the topic for you:
Parents are our best friends. We owe everything to our parents as they are the ones who bring us into the world. Like everyone, my parents are the most important people in my life. They make my life so simple and easy. I learn a lot from them, and they inspire me. My father is an engineer. He works for a large company. My mother is a banker. Both my parents rise early to ensure that my sister and I get to school on time. My father helps us get ready for school, and my mother starts cooking our breakfast and packing our lunch boxes. After they come home, my parents start preparing for the evening. They alternate the job of cooking and helping my sister and me with our studies. Once we finish dinner, we sit together as a family and watch TV. We make sure that we spend time together as a family every day, and over the weekends, we go out together to the park or the restaurant. My parents also make sure that we celebrate festivals and special occasions together. My parents work hard to have a good life, and they are my guiding force.
Long Paragraph on ‘My Parents’ for Kids
By class 3, children have a better understanding of the topic. They can also elaborate better and have a constructive template for their write-ups. They should ideally be able to write an introduction, main body and conclusion. Here’s a sample for you:
A gift, a blessing, or a miracle – parents can be anything you want them to be. Parents sacrifice their entire life for their children to ensure that we get the best opportunities to lead good lives. They inspire us to be responsible, caring, loving, and respectful.
My parents are very special to me. My father is a professor in a college and did not have an easy childhood. He had to face many difficulties and managed to complete his education to become a professor. He loves his work and strives hard to make a living and make our lives comfortable. He also takes tuitions for poor children for a small fee to help them achieve their dreams. He takes my lessons every day and also enjoys playing games with me. He teaches me how to play cricket as he is a fan of the sport himself.
My mother is a housewife but takes tuition for children every evening. She gave up her career to look after me and started tutoring children at home. She decided to become a tutor to help my father with his expenses and save for my future. She spends her entire day looking after the house and doing household chores. Every evening, when my father and I return, she has a host of dishes prepared for us to eat. My parents make sure that we spend some time together as a family before going to bed. We either read the newspaper or a book before going to bed. We also spend some leisure time going out to the park, restaurant or cinemas over the weekends. My parents do everything to make my life comfortable and help me do my best at home and school.
It is a blessing to have parents as we learn a lot from them. They teach us qualities like sacrifice, love, affection, and respect, which help us become responsible members of society. It is important to listen to parents as they will always speak for our good. I feel lucky to have my parents by my side, who teach me to become a better version of myself every day.
What Your 1st, 2nd or 3rd Grader Will Learn From the Essay?
A composition on ‘My Parents’ is the best way to let a child’s imagination flow and their ideas transform into words. Children are very expressive in their speech, but it isn’t easy to write everything down. With some guidance, writing an essay or a few lines on this topic will help them channel their thoughts and feelings and improve their observation skills. Writing also gives kids a confidence boost, consolidates their literacy skills, and applies their reading skills in practice.
Most writers polish their writing skills by drafting essays. The examples given above would give your child the much-needed jumpstart to explore the world of writing. With these tips, your child can learn to develop ideas, plan their essays, write exciting details and make the final edits to write a brilliant essay.