Riddles are fun for kids, adults and everyone equally. They encourage thinking out of the box to solve them accurately. Kids enjoy animal riddles as it widens and challenges their knowledge of animals on our planet. It’s a fun way to get your child involved in learning. It will also help them break the ice when they meet new people or make them popular among friends in school. Whenever your child is bored, these riddles are always to the rescue.
Why Animal Riddles Are Important For Kids?
The jungle book, Lion king or Mowgli- kids love reading about animals and watching their characters on TV. EVen babies and toddlers are fascinated by the unique features and sounds of various animals. All children love animals and are always curious and intrigued about them. Thus, riddles about animals are one way to interest them. Be it figuring out clues, thinking out of the box and getting excited about the correct answer, it always keeps them on edge. Using riddles as a tool can expand their thinking capacities. It also encourages creativity and healthy competition. Your child gets exposure to new words that lead to vocabulary expansion. Quizzing kids will stir their curiosity and imagination and is great fun. It improves group dynamics and interpersonal skills.
Fun Animal Riddles For Children With Answers
Fun animal riddles in English are the one-stop solution for boredom on a long family drive or at a children’s party. Make them guess the animal riddle, and once they get the hang of it, take a level up. Given below are various categories of riddles that kids will find entertaining. Depending on your child’s age, choose the category and immerse yourself in the world of animal riddles.
Easy Animal Riddles
Here are a few easy animal riddles for kindergartners and preschoolers.
1. I am known as a king
The jungle’s where I reign
It is hard to tame me
And I have a large mane
2. I am an animal you might love
But I am too huge to be your pet
I have an extremely long trunk
And it is said I never forget.
3. I like to use my long tongue
To eat leaves from the tops of trees
I do not have to climb up though
With my long neck, it is a breeze.
4. I wag my tail when I’m happy
And run around in the park
If I am unhappy
Then you might hear me bark.
5. My skin is green and slippery
I have four legs and webbed feet
I hop on land and swim underwater
I love bugs and little fish to eat.
6. I am an animal with two long ears, and I hop but don’t walk.
7. The alphabet goes from A to Z, but I go Z to A.
8. The height of my legs – usually around 6 feet – is taller than most humans.
9. When I’m born, I have white spots that disappear as I get older. The spots help me blend into my surroundings. My coat is usually light brown.
10. I live in the woods.
I am huge and furry.
I like to eat berries and fish.
And most of all, honey.
11. I’m a mammal that can’t jump.
12. I am a type of insect
You might see flutter by
I have wings so colourful
I am a …
13. You might be called this animal
If someone thinks you’re fearful.
This is something that you might have as your food,
As well as the eggs that it lays.
14. I live upside down, and on Halloween, I’ll give you a big surprise. I see with my ears and not my eyes.
15. I look like you, except I have a tail; I am a good tree climber. I can mimic you very easily. I eat fruits, insects and flowers. My favourite food is bananas.
Rhyming Animal Riddles
Children love rhyming riddles. Rhyming riddles sound good to the ear and help in better retention. Here are some of them:
- Wear a tuxedo in the snow and skate on my tummy across the ice floe.
2. I’m bigger than a house, scared of a mouse, have great big toes and a hose for a nose.
3. I have a crown on my head like a king, but I sound a disgrace when I sing. I’ve fewer eyes on my face than my tail, especially when I’m a male.
4. I plough fields but never sow; I have a corkscrew tail and snuffly nose.
5. I am a strange creature, hovering in the air, moving from here to there with a brilliant flare. Some say I sing, but others say I have no voice, so I hum as a matter of choice.
‘What Am I’ Animal Riddles
‘What am I’ animal riddles are something that all kids enjoy. Given below are ten such riddles.
- I have horns, I like to bleat, but I’m not a sheep. What am I?
2. I am the only bird in the Chinese Zodiac Calendar. Hint: I’m an early riser. What bird am I?
3. I’m the only cat that lives in groups – royal bloodlines deserve a court. What animal am I?
4. I munch leaves from treetops, but my feet never leave the ground. What am I?
5. I’m spotty and speedy but not at all greedy. I look like a leopard, but I am not him. What am I?
6. I jump when I walk and sit when I stand. What am I?
7. I’m a backwards dog, but I’m not a god. I wag my tail when angry and growl when I’m happy. What am I?
8. I am gold and can be black and white. I’m a symbol for a nation when freedom took flight. What am I?
9. For me, I slap you. Because of you, I slap myself. Hitting your skin, My blood flows. What Am I?
10. I never leave the water, but I breathe air. I live in a school all my life. What am I?
Hard Animal Riddles
Hard animal riddles amp up the fun and curiosity. Once they are familiar with other categories, then hard animal riddles are the way to go. Ten such riddles are given below.
1. I’m born pink in colour but then change to black and white. I’m easy to feed, as my favourite food is bamboo. What animal am I?
Answer: Panda bear
2. I move without wings, between silken strings, I leave, as you find, my substance behind. What am I?
3. I live in the ocean and move slowly. I eat clams and have five arms. What am I?
4. I have a hole on my back and legs I lack. I live where I can’t breathe, and I eat without teeth. What am I?
5. Cupid without a bow, Donner with no kebab, one who dances, one who prances, all dragging present-giving dad. What am I?
6. I creep and crawl with no eyes, legs or ears, but I can move the earth with my peers. What am I?
7. I row with four paddles but never leave home. What am I?
8. If you ever hear an echo
Another voice that can be heard
Take a look around you because
It might be this colourful bird.
9. I am big and white and furry
And I like to swim and run
I eat seals for my meals
And weigh about half a ton.
10. I can sizzle like bacon,
I am made with an egg,
I have plenty of backbone but lack a good leg,
I peel layers like onions but remain whole,
I can be long, like a flagpole, yet fit in a hole.
Riddles on animals are a sure-shot way to kill your child’s boredom. It introduces them to new words and spellings too. So, shoot these questions right at them and have a great time with your little one!
Tricky Riddles for Children with Answers
GK Questions About Birds with Answers for Kids
GK Questions On Birds and Their Young Ones for Children